Interactions between owners in condominium and homeowners associations are all too often characterized by animosities, grievances, and recriminations. An association’s efforts to cultivate better relations between neighbors can minimize that destructive pattern. Here are five simple ways to foster relationships and build community:
1. Place picnic tables in common areas.
2. Schedule potluck dinners, movie nights, and book clubs.
3. Create garden spaces and invite owner participation.
4. Call meetings to discuss emergency preparedness and other topics.
5. Distribute newsletters (and include humor whenever possible).
The sunny days of summer are a great time to start encouraging more goodwill in your association. Good luck!