December 31, 2018

A License Is Required to Pursue Collection of Delinquent Assessments in Washington

Washington law requires individuals and entities who pursue the collection of delinquent condominium assessments to obtain a collection agency license and to maintain a $5,000 surety bond. The activities of collection agencies are subject to state regulation and oversight. Your association should ensure that any individual or entity that it uses to collect delinquent assessments is a properly licensed and bonded collection agency.