August 7, 2013

My Office Now Offers Post-Judgment Collection Services

Creditors often obtain judgments against persons who owe them money in small claims court without hiring attorneys.  Consider this common scenario: a landlord seeks a small claims judgment against a tenant who failed to pay rent, the tenant does not appear for the hearing, and the landlord is awarded a judgment.  The landlord is now faced with a more difficult problem: how does he or she collect the judgment amount?

I am pleased to announce that my office now offers post-judgment collection services to individuals and businesses. We can assist creditors in locating real property, filing judgment liens, and garnishing bank accounts and wages.  In addition, once contact has been made with the judgment debtor, we are sometimes able to negotiate settlements and payment plans without resorting to harsh collection remedies.  

If you have obtained a judgment and don't know what to do next, then you should consider contacting my office. We may be able to help you collect your money.